What is Swedish Massage?
Massage has been used for centuries as an instinctive way to relieve muscle tension and to relax the body and mind. Swedish Massage uses a variety of stroking, kneading, pressure and flowing movements over the body to treat and prevent a huge variety of complaints, or can simply be used for deep relaxation. The way that we feel can have a direct physical effect on our body, so by inducing relaxation and stress relief both the body and mind can benefit from a massage treatment. Massage is a holistic approach that can be used alongside or as an alternative to conventional medicines.
Benefits of Swedish Massage
Touch is an amazing sensation and the most basic form of communication we receivefrom the minute we are born. Parents cradle their babies to soothe and comfort and even as adults we embrace to re-create a feeling of comfort, love and protection. It makes sense therefore that other forms of touch such as massage, can bring about such feelings of relaxation, comfort and well-being.
Here are just some of the benefits of Swedish Body Massage:
- Promotes relaxation, thereby reducing stress and anxiety
- Ease of muscular tension, soreness and stiffness
- Improved skin tone, circulation and elasticity
- Elimination of toxins and swelling
- Boosts immune system
- Relieves tired and stiff joints
- Increases energy levels by invigorating the body’s natural systems
- Aids better sleep and reduces insomnia